Retirees’ Corner – Summer 2017
Mar 07, 2019
- John Robert Balog retired as a Detective on 6/7/2017 with 34 years of service. John has been in the Detective Bureau for 10 years. John had served as a school resource officer for several years too. John “Popey” Balog has greatly contributed to the success of the Amherst Police Department. Congratulations and Best Wishes.
Ashland County Sheriff’s Office
- Charles D. Massie retired as a Deputy on 3/3/2017 with 21 years of service with the Sheriff’s Department.
- Ronald “Steve” Burt retired from the Barberton Police Department on 3/1/2017 as a Sergeant after serving 25 years as an officer with the department. Steve was hired as a Barberton Jailor on 9/29/91 and as a police officer on 2/2/1992. Steve was promoted to Sergeant on 9/2/97 and served at that capacity until his retirement. Steve has held many positions within the department with the most notable being a field training officer, SWAT team member, firearms instructor, Staff Services Sergeant and Sergeant of the Detective Bureau. However, Steve’s passion always aligned with patrol where he excelled as a shift supervisor. Steve was a very respected and valuable supervisor and his presence will be missed. Steve concluded his career as a third shift supervisor where he led by example and the officers he commanded not only saw him as a role model and supervisor, but as a friend. Thank you, Steve, for your 25 years of service!!
- David Hetrick retired as a Detective on 4/3/2017 with 34 total years of service to the Brecksville Police Department. Dave started as a part time patrolman on 5/18/1983, for the first 8 years of his career. He was sworn in as a full-time officer on 8/25/1991. Dave became the department’s first K9 officer. He and his partner “Andy” worked together from July 1993 until Andy’s retirement in October 2001. Dave was a Field Training Officer and served as a Union negotiator. He was assigned to the Detective Bureau in 2005. Congratulations and Best Wishes!
- Robert L. Faulkner retired as a Police Officer on 4/7/2017 with 22 years of service, 17 years were with Clearcreek Township.
Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department
- Phillip Adrine retired as a Corrections Officer on 1/5/2017 with 18 years of service.
- Mary Brzozowski retired as a Deputy on 5/1/2017 with 24 years of service.
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
- Jim Cuccarese II retired as a Deputy on 4/10/2017 with 20 years of service.
- James A. White retired as a Captain on 2/28/2017 with 26 years of service.
Geauga County Sheriff’s Office
- Timothy G. Uzarski retired as a Sergeant on 5/27/2017 with 29 years of service.
- Daniel A. Huff retired as a Sergeant on 2/2/2017 with 32 years of service.
- Marc R. Coffman retired as a Patrolman on 4/26/2017 with 29 years of service.
- Thomas R. Couche Jr., retired as a Sergeant on 11/29/2016 with 25 years of service.
Lorain County Sheriff’s Office
- Robert Cruzado retired as a Corrections Officer on 1/20/2017 with 17 years of service.
- Joseph J. Kaetzel retired as a Patrolman on 6/16/2017 with 32 ½ years of service.
- Ken Criswell retired as a Captain on 4/29/2017 with 33 years of service. Captain Criswell was in charge of the Detective Bureau for the last 6 years. Congratulations on your retirement.
- James T. Harnack retired as a Patrolman on 5/5/2017 with 33 years of service.
- Spencer W. O’Rourke retired as a Patrolman on 5/29/2017 with 29 years of service.
- David B. Smith retired as a Patrolman on 2/1/2017 with 25 years of service.
- Kenneth R. Gozelanczyk retired as a Corporal on 10/20/2016 with 30 years of service.
- Jane M. Dufendock retired as a Dispatcher on 4/28/2017 with 28 years of service.
- Bill Toney retired as a Detective on 5/18/2017 with 32 years of service.
Trumbull County Sheriff’s Office
- Tammayla J. Albanese-Geist retired as a Corrections Officer on 1/1/2017 with 20 years of service.
- Gary L. Jackson retired as a Sergeant on 4/18/2017 with 32 years of service. Gary started with the Vandalia Police Dept in May of 1985, he was promoted to Sergeant in 1997. Gary has served as a Patrol Officer, Crime Prevention Officer, Patrol and Detective Sergeant, Tactical Team Leader and Range Supervisor. Prior to coming to Vandalia Gary server 2.5 years with the Huber Heights Police Department and was part time with Union and St. Paris Police Department.
- Larry S. Smith retired as a Patrolman on 9/5/2017 with 34 years of service. Larry was hired in July 1984. He served in the Detective section from 1997-2000. During that time, Larry was assigned to the Ohio Organized Crime Unit. Larry received Vandalia PD Officer of the year award in 1997 and 2013.
- Michael C. Krafcik retired as a Patrolman on 2/26/2017 with 25 years of service.
- Stephen A. Alemagno retired as a Patrolman on 2/18/2017 with 25 years of service.