Inside Information – Fall 2017
- Jerry Bloodhart was promoted to Lieutenant on 4/21/2017.
- Garry Alting was promoted to Lieutenant on 2/17/2017.
Auglaize County Sheriff’s Office
- Michael E. Peterson was promoted to Lieutenant on 5/1/2017.
- The department is excited to welcome the new employees from Mahoning County 911 from our recent consolidation. Welcome aboard to Mary Kay Boerio, Debbie Marin, Joe James, Glen Pyatt and Richard Allison.
- Michael J. Bauman was promoted to Sergeant on 7/18/2017.
- Patrolman Chris Grimm, Patrolman Frank Faulhaber and Patrolman Brian Scabbo have all been assigned to the Detective Bureau.
- Tim Lamping was promoted to Full Time Patrolman on 1/1/2017.
- Brett Mudic was promoted to Full Time Patrolman on 1/1/2017.
- Congratulations to Aaron Young on his marriage to Jennifer Rodway on 7/17/2017.
- OPBA members worked hard with the police administrators and City officials to get a 5-year Police Department levy passed. Thanks to all the members who donated time to work out in the community to get the levy to pass. Special thanks to Chief Colucci who worked hard to lead a committee and the OPBA members to work in partnership with the Canfield community for the success of the levy.
- Brian McWhorter was promoted to Full Time Police Officer on 5/22/2017.
- Jen Calko was promoted to Full Time Officer on 1/22/2017.
- Robert Sanchez was promoted to Full Time Officer on 1/22/2017.
Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department
- James D. Mackey II was promoted to Sergeant on 3/31/2017.
- Congratulations to Dann and Carrie Marsico on the birth of Grziana born on 2/28/2017.
- Congratulations to Patrick and Jenn Jama on the birth of Brayden born on 4/6/2017.
- Congratulations to Brandon and Jessica Pool on the birth of Mariana born on 4/13/2017.
- Congratualtions to Zachary and Brittany Kasperovich on the birth of Ezra born on 4/10/2017.
- Congratulations to Aaron and Lindsey Varga on the birth of Piper born on 2/16/2017.
Fulton County Sheriff’s Office
- Matthew R. Smithmyer was promoted to Major on 3/6/2017.
- Matthew J. Berdysz was promoted to Sergeant on 5/1/2017.
- Welcome aboard to new hire Patrolman Jonathan M. Silverman who was hired on 5/7/2017.
- John T. Norman was promoted to Chief on 5/9/2017.
- Congratulations to Patrolman Brian D. Fixler who was recently sworn in to the Cleveland Police Department as a Patrol Officer. Brian, the son of Newton Falls Police Chief Gene Fixler continues to carry on a 44-year family tradition of honorable Police Service, having been proud to serve in Grand River the past three years, will now proudly serve the City of Cleveland Division of Police and is looking forward to a long and rewarding career. It may be just a bit busier in Cleveland.
Holmes County Sheriff’s Office
- Christopher Schonauer was promoted to Sergeant on 6/22/2017. Congratulations
- Cory McVicker was promoted to Deputy on 7/24/2017.
- Brian Bernhart was promoted to Deputy on 7/24/2017.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Christopher Vinci was promoted to Sergeant on 8/22/2016. Congratulations.
- Edward Pfouts was promoted to Sergeant on 8/22/2016. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to Jerrod Bowman who was hired by the Kenton Police Department on 6/4/2017 as a new Patrolman. Mr. Bowman has two years previous Law Enforcement experience with another agency. Good Luck Jerrod. (picture on CD)
- Lance R. Nosse was promoted to Chief on 7/3/2017. Congratulations
- Ray Buhala was promoted to Sergeant on 3/8/2015. Congratulations.
- Ryan Gabriel was promoted to Captain on 8/29/2016. Congratulations.
- Jerry Mellinger was promoted to Chief on 2/29/2016. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to Chris Smith on his marriage to Karen Broder on 7/17/2017. Congratulations.
- William J. Dvorak was promoted to Sergeant on 5/18/2017. Congratulations.
Mentor on the Lake
- Welcome aboard Edward Lanese was hired as a part time Patrol Officer on 5/9/2017. Congratulations.
- Welcome back to Communications Officer Jeannie McPeek. Jeannie originally started with the Mentor on the Lake PD part time on 3/1/1992 and then went full time on 4/6/1997. She resigned on 7/31/1999 and was hired back to part time on 4/7/09 and then full time on 5/21/2017. Congratulations.
- Good luck to Patrol Officer Kyle Sukys who left the Mentor on the Lake PD for a full time job with the Painesville PD. Kyle was employed as a part time Police Officer for the Mentor on the Lake PD from 3/26/2014 to 6/12/2017. Stay Safe.
- Joshua J. Himan was promoted to Sergeant on 6/6/2017. Congratulations.
- Eric J. Berkheimer was promoted to Sergeant on 5/23/2017. Congratulations.
- John Josef was promoted to Sergeant on 5/25/2017. Congratulations.
- Chief Gene Fixler reports that Patrol Officers Steven Lyden and Brandon Frank scored number one and two respectively on the recent Civil Service test and both will move from Part time to Full time within the department. Sincere congratulations to Brandon Frank carrying on a family tradition being the son of retired Twinsburg Chief Tony Frank and Steven Lyden a two-time Purple Heart Medal recipeient won while serving in the military and is the son in law of a Deputy Sheriff. We’re proud to have both on board as our newest Full Time Offices serving in the Trumbull County community.
- Andrew Davis was promoted to Full Time Patrolman on 5/25/2017. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to James Allenby and Mallory Vereby on their marriage on 11/12/2016.
- John J. Wilson was promoted to Sergeant on 7/14/2016. Congratulations. (picture on cd)
- Jeff Orth was promoted to Sergeant on 7/14/2016. Congratulations. (picture on cd)
- Bryan W. Holmes was promoted to Lieutenant on 4/23/2017. Congratulations. (picture on cd)
- Gregory M. Coleman was promoted to Lieutenant on 4/23/2017. Congratulations. (picture on cd)
- Mark A. Krempasky was promoted to Sergeant on 4/23/2017. Congratulations. (picture on cd)
- Timothy L. Parana was promoted to Sergeant on 4/23/2017. Congratulations. (picture on cd)
- Marc Tanner was hired full time on 5/15/2017. Welcome aboard.
Williams County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Ken Jacob was selected as a new canine handler and will begin 14 weeks of training in Ft. Wayne, IN Police Department in August. His partner is a Dutch/German Shepherd mix named Ruin.